So, my project is almost over and I really think that I've been able to successfully incorporate yoga into my life. A couple of nights ago I got really upset but instead of doing my usual freak out and get mad/sad and just become beside myself I went up to my room and did yoga. I practiced breathing, cleared my mind and ended up feeling a lot better within a matter of minutes. Not only that but it's really helpful to be able to really target the problems or issues that are bothering me and solve them with a calm, clear head. I love the changes yoga has made in my life so far and can't wait to continue the journey :)

Sometimes my thoughts get really overwhelming and when that happens I usually have to do something active and relatively creative. I've been using coloring books since before they were cool and strangely baking is still a big go-to for me but there's also writing. Today while lamenting to the husband he suggested I write a blog to try to just get shit out. So that's what I'm doing. We are moving back to Louisville. Yay? I guess that's still TBD. I love Louisville, I really do and I have for years but like a weird, slightly dysfunctional, long term relationship, love just wasn't enough. I felt trapped and suffocated. I had created this identity box for myself and while it worked for a while it eventually turned into my coffin. It was tiny and I didn't feel like it could fit everything I wanted to be a part of my identity. 15 months ago I was exercise and non-profit worker Rennay. That's it. When we moved I realized it was a true clean slate. Absolutely ...
Comments
Post a Comment