I'm so excited to announce that I logged 33 miles last week on dailymile! I never thought it a million years I would be logging 10 miles let alone over 30! I ended up taking an extra rest day last week since I just felt tired and sluggish and had pulled my hamstring a little the week before and it really paid off! My run was borderline easy and really felt great. There are times when I think "Omg there's no way I can do a triathlon! What was I thinking?!" but then I have tools like dailymile where I can look and see that I've been making real progress and I just get so much more excited and motivated. Today starts week 5 of my training plan and it's making the big leap from 5 to 6 days of workouts. Eek! Wish me luck!
Sometimes my thoughts get really overwhelming and when that happens I usually have to do something active and relatively creative. I've been using coloring books since before they were cool and strangely baking is still a big go-to for me but there's also writing. Today while lamenting to the husband he suggested I write a blog to try to just get shit out. So that's what I'm doing. We are moving back to Louisville. Yay? I guess that's still TBD. I love Louisville, I really do and I have for years but like a weird, slightly dysfunctional, long term relationship, love just wasn't enough. I felt trapped and suffocated. I had created this identity box for myself and while it worked for a while it eventually turned into my coffin. It was tiny and I didn't feel like it could fit everything I wanted to be a part of my identity. 15 months ago I was exercise and non-profit worker Rennay. That's it. When we moved I realized it was a true clean slate. Absolutely ...
Comments
Post a Comment