Skip to main content

Ghost Mode and Some Random Facts

To appease the angry mob outside of my window all day and night, I now give you a new blog post.

As I'm sure you loyal readers have noticed, I've basically been in ghost mode since Thanksgiving. It wasn't deliberate at first but now it kind of is. I'm not really ready to blog about some of the things that have been going on and keeping me pretty occupied so I just haven't been blogging at all. In addition, I'm going on a real vacation next week and will be happily out of touch with society for 5 days.

BUT before I leave I thought it would be fun to follow suit with my Texan transplant friend Celeste from Our Fabulous Life in the Suburbs and give you a few fun facts about me that you likely don't know from just following my blog. Make sure you stop by the 'burbs and say hello to Celeste! Her blog is a completely different vibe from this one primarily because she not only loves kids, but also has one. And he's actually cute! Super cute! Which must be true since you know I can't lie about these things.

Anyway, on with the list!
  1. My first pet was a turtle I named Michaelangelo after the Ninja Turtles and I found him outside of a dumpster with my dad. I was kicking rocks and was about to kick him when his little head popped out! We kept him for a while and I fed him way too much lettuce.
  2. I can't actually tell you what size shoe I wear. Running shoes are always a little off from normal sizes but in my house right now I have shoes ranging from a kid's 4 1/2 up to a woman's 9. And they all fit. Go figure.
  3. I'm an excellent dancer. Actually I don't know if this is true or not but I love to dance and do it almost daily. For some reason it's one of the few things I'm always confident doing and I've never really received any negative feedback about it.
  4. I'm a junior national champion debater/public speaker. I competed in speech, drama and debate all through middle school and a little in high school and have an obscene number of trophies from invitational, state and national level competitions. To this day I'm still a really good public speaker but suck on a social interaction level which is weird.
  5. I've traveled to 5 foreign countries but have hardly seen anything in the United States.
  6. I really like fish tanks and have always wanted a salt water tank for some strange reason. I loved having a fish tank as a little girl and named all of my fish very clever and original names like Chelsea Clinton the 5 year old Catfish and Glowria the Glow Fish. I also had a beta fish named Napoleon all throughout college.
  7. I'm very afraid of birds.
  8. I once saw Kelly Rowland outside of a New York City H&M during a school trip and completely underreacted. I saw Nick Lachey outside of a Cincinnati hotel and completely overreacted to the point that he actually smiled and waved.
  9. I seriously considered dumping The Colonel if my cat didn't like him.
  10. I'm extremely particular about which size silverware goes with which type of food and almost never use tablespoons for anything other than measurements.
Ok, so now you know I'm a total freak. What about you? What's your inner freakdom?

Comments

  1. I totally love this!!!
    That's awesome you're a good public speaker!!! I do it, but not sure I'm good at it :)
    I would have freaked out too about Nick Lachey
    Let's go dancing together... I feel like I could totally win every dance show & I've never had one dance class :) haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Hate the Ironman

I figure it's about time to put this out there and I'm pretty sure if you know me really well, you won't be surprised by any of what I have to say. I've been having a lot of issues lately. I've been working hard with my counselor to determine who I really am and what brings me true joy in life and it's been surprising, frustrating, difficult, fun, exhausting, enlightening, exciting and hard....to sum it up in a few words. I spent some time in Puerto Rico back in March and finally got back into doing some writing while I was out there. It wasn't anything long and certainly not anything particularly newsworthy but it made me feel good. I enjoy writing. When I was young I used to write short fiction stories on my mom's computer whenever I had free time and though a lot of them remained unfinished, they were always fun for me and surprisingly effortless to compose. Blogging has never quite been the same as my true writing and I've been working hard t

A Sad Announcement

It is with a very heavy heart that I make an announcement. Because this is where I spend so much time recapping my races and weight loss struggles and successes, it seems that this is where the announcement needs to be made. I told The Colonel earlier this evening when I got home from school close to tears and I need to make it official before I change my mind. I will not be doing an olympic triathlon this year. Sounded much more serious than that, didn't it? Well all joking aside, it is serious to me. In my mind, I'm now a quitter. I'm a wimp. I'm giving up on my goals and soon will start giving up on all of them. This isn't the case of course but for now it's really hard for me to be rational. I am a goal setter and rarely has there ever been a goal I didn't *eventually* reach. So for me to seriously and actually "give up" is heartbreaking. I'm also abandoning my quest to lose 40 more pounds this year. It would be great if it happened, but I

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 10K Race Recap

Wow, what a title right? Although I also could have titled it the greatest race of my life. Wanna know why? Yeah I thought you might. The week leading up to the race wasn't a great one. Stress at work, general grumpiness etc. etc. etc. So I really wasn't expecting much as far as performance but I wanted to get a 10K in really badly before the marathon relay this Saturday so I thought What the hell and signed up. The atmosphere at Komen events is like none other. Pink everywhere and people....so...many...people. For someone who hates crowds (i.e. ME) there are few things that will lure me to a crowded place. Races just tend to be one of those things. Anyway, there was a great survivors parade and all kinds of booths and music and general funness. What there wasn't plenty of was parking. Which I guess is the norm for an event of this caliber. Survivors' Parade Great Ladies I never got the chance to meet... Seriously packed at the start! Autumn Alexis, The Colonel and I g