As I'm sure you loyal readers have noticed, I've basically been in ghost mode since Thanksgiving. It wasn't deliberate at first but now it kind of is. I'm not really ready to blog about some of the things that have been going on and keeping me pretty occupied so I just haven't been blogging at all. In addition, I'm going on a real vacation next week and will be happily out of touch with society for 5 days.
BUT before I leave I thought it would be fun to follow suit with my Texan transplant friend Celeste from Our Fabulous Life in the Suburbs and give you a few fun facts about me that you likely don't know from just following my blog. Make sure you stop by the 'burbs and say hello to Celeste! Her blog is a completely different vibe from this one primarily because she not only loves kids, but also has one. And he's actually cute! Super cute! Which must be true since you know I can't lie about these things.
Anyway, on with the list!
- My first pet was a turtle I named Michaelangelo after the Ninja Turtles and I found him outside of a dumpster with my dad. I was kicking rocks and was about to kick him when his little head popped out! We kept him for a while and I fed him way too much lettuce.
- I can't actually tell you what size shoe I wear. Running shoes are always a little off from normal sizes but in my house right now I have shoes ranging from a kid's 4 1/2 up to a woman's 9. And they all fit. Go figure.
- I'm an excellent dancer. Actually I don't know if this is true or not but I love to dance and do it almost daily. For some reason it's one of the few things I'm always confident doing and I've never really received any negative feedback about it.
- I'm a junior national champion debater/public speaker. I competed in speech, drama and debate all through middle school and a little in high school and have an obscene number of trophies from invitational, state and national level competitions. To this day I'm still a really good public speaker but suck on a social interaction level which is weird.
- I've traveled to 5 foreign countries but have hardly seen anything in the United States.
- I really like fish tanks and have always wanted a salt water tank for some strange reason. I loved having a fish tank as a little girl and named all of my fish very clever and original names like Chelsea Clinton the 5 year old Catfish and Glowria the Glow Fish. I also had a beta fish named Napoleon all throughout college.
- I'm very afraid of birds.
- I once saw Kelly Rowland outside of a New York City H&M during a school trip and completely underreacted. I saw Nick Lachey outside of a Cincinnati hotel and completely overreacted to the point that he actually smiled and waved.
- I seriously considered dumping The Colonel if my cat didn't like him.
- I'm extremely particular about which size silverware goes with which type of food and almost never use tablespoons for anything other than measurements.